|Feeder Space (cms)
|Waterer Space (cms)
The temperament of turkeys is usually nervous; hence they get panicky at all stages. Hence entry of visitors in to the turkey’s house should be restricted.
Feed: The methods of feeding are mash feeding and pellet feeding.
* The energy, protein, vitamin and mineral requirements for turkeys are high when compared to chicken.
* Since the energy and protein requirements for the both sexes vary they must be reared separately for better results.
* Feed should be given in feeders and not on the ground.
* Whenever change is made from one diet to another it should be carried out gradually.
* Turkeys require a constant and clean water supply at all times.
* Provide more number of waterers during summer.
* Feed turkeys during the cooler parts of the day during summer.
* Provide shell grit at the rate of 30-40 gm per day per bird to avoid the leg weakness.